Method for estimating the actual efficiency of catalysts placed in an exhaust path of a combustion engine during the operation time
||Патент на изобретение
||EP 2543840 B1
|Номер заявки (21):
|Дата подачи заявки (22):
||6 июл. 2011 г.
|Дата начала отсчета срока действия патента (24):
|Дата публикации патента (44,45,46):
||28 янв. 2015 г.
|Дата публикации заявки (43):
||9 янв. 2013 г.
A method for estimating the efficiency of a catalyst placed in an exhaust path of a combustion engine is disclosed. The method comprises the steps of:
- ageing the catalyst consecutively at different temperatures for definite time periods,
- measuring the catalyst conversion efficiency after each ageing step,
- calculating the ageing factor for each step of the ageing procedure and the accumulative value of the ageing factors for all steps of the ageing procedure based on the formulation AF = ∑ i e - E / R T i d t i
whereby E/R=activation energy of the sintering process, Ti=catalyst temperature over the i-th time interval over the catalyst lifetime and dti=length of the i-th time interval over the catalyst lifetime,
- estimating the activation energy of the ageing process (Ea/R) for the catalyst,
- estimating catalyst efficiency correlation factors related to the measured catalyst conversion efficiency for each temperature point and for all ageing conditions,
- determining the correlation between the catalyst efficiency correlation factors and the accumulative value of the ageing factors,
- applying a predetermined correlation between accumulative ageing factor and catalyst efficiency correlation factor for calculating the conversion efficiency of the aged catalyst.